- Gather all the materials listed on the Application Form/Check Off List. Make copies of it all and keep one copy. Bring the materials with your application to the interview.
- Application (Do you have the TEACHERS' PHONE NUMBERS?)
- Student essays
- Copy of latest grade card
- Copy of GATE identification letter (if you have one)
- Photograph of applicant
- Make an appointment for an interview and bring all application materials above. Interviews typically last 20-30 minutes, and parents are welcome to attend.
(NOTE: A good portion of most private school application forms is dedicated to concise essays by or about your student. This task can sometimes be daunting for both parent and student. A strategy to help focus more on your student's accomplishments and less of the actual task of "writing," is to first compile his/her "resume." Start by listing every accomplishment, special talent and extraordinary moment your student has experienced. The excitement generated from remembering and chronicling these events will help you view your child through his/her experiences and deeds instead of the unconditional love of a parent. This revised focus will aid in crafting a clear message you would like to communicate to the RVA staff.)